Leading Creative Lakes Media, LLC is Judith F. Brenner, Owner.
25+ Years Experience
MBA – Marketing, University of St. Thomas, St. Paul/Minneapolis
BA – Journalism, Columbia College, Chicago
University of Iowa Writers’ Workshop – Mini-MFA, Iowa City
PEN.ORG The Professional Editors’ Network in the Twin Cities
Creative Lakes Media, LLC, formerly Brenner Editorial Services, works with organizations who want to tell their story using powerful prose that differentiates them from the competition. Freelance writing, editing and marketing consulting available. Strategic marketing communications can support a product launch, increase awareness, gain new business, build employee morale or garner community support. Brand consistency is critical whether you have a local, national or global presence.
- APA style manuscript editing for professors seeking successful journal submissions
- B2B marketing consulting, editing, freelance writing or proofing services for news blogs, brochures, postcards, web sites, etc.
- Chicago Manual of Style and Associated Press news style editing of non-fiction manuscripts
- Copyright registry service
- Line editing author manuscripts (hyphenation, punctuation, quote marks, spelling and grammar, sentence structure, consistency checks word usage.
- Proofreading of FINAL files prior to printing/publishing
- Publishing services for association trade publications (Outsource the editing, layout, printing and mailing services to one shop!)
- Writing speaker bios, news features, and more. Just ask!
Process: Let’s talk about your goals, your target market, and then delve into the details to make your work stand out, meet your objective and set a realistic, modest budget.
Clients range from small businesses with regional or national footprints to academic institutions and nonprofits, such as the University of Minnesota and Hubert Humphrey School of Public Affairs, the International Saw & Knife Association, Gilda’s Club Twin Cities, Bet Shalom Congregation, national service/repair companies and US-based manufacturers, to name a few.
Postcards – Events / Sales / Announcements
Start-up Business Plan Editing
Web Site Landing Pages
Novel (in progress)
- Wheels to Liberty …Fiction inspired by true events. During WWII, a mother must discover her inner strength as she confronts an abusive husband while raising a child afflicted with polio since age four.
- Writers in the Know (WINK) Issue No. 4, May 2018 Essay: Giving Up a Career for Motherhood
Children’s Books: Currently seeking agent and illustrators for Picture Book manuscripts:
- Cartwheels and Rainbows …A child discovers how to stay in touch after moving, and discovers ever present gifts from far away friends.
- Grandma’s Gift …A lonely grandmother discovers how a kitten attracts more frequent family visits.
- Blackie’s Adventure …Humorous tale of a child’s frustration when she outgrows her favorite snow boots.
Copyright 2018 Creative Lakes Media, LLC